Sunday 8 May 2016

“For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel’s sake. The great affair is to move.” – Robert Louis Stevenson

The urge gets me every so often, I don't really care where it is i am going, I just need to get the wheels turning and I am led by the universe into amazing places and amazing people.


Ended up in the  bottom of a limestone cave recently and that was a different experience to be at The Cradle of Mankind in the province of Gauteng in South Africa.

Ancient remains were found here at the cusp of the transition to Homo Erectus. A very important Paleo-anthropological site, arguably THE most important one of all. People have worked in this cave for 50 odd years and found key elements that identify this place to be earliest record of early humans.

Intriguing, interesting, freezing and climbing 200 steps to get out of the cave was crazy. Especially since there were sections where I had to go on my hands and knees like a baboon. So much for evolution! ha!




No comments:

Post a Comment